Apple II find in Ohio - A few questions, help!
Hey guys, my father in law just happened to tell me he found an 'old computer' at a garage sale years ago. (the same day I watched one of the Steve Jobs movies!)
This old computer is an Apple II original, with 7933 on Motherboard and A2S1-32624. Not the oldest but older than the plus.
Attached are a bunch of pics. But here are my questions:
1) The computer powers up with a bunch of ? marks and then to a '*" prompt. Is this the 'monitor mode' and does it look normal?
2) 24 of the 52 keys do NOT work. removing one of the non working key caps, compressed air, and drops of alcohol did not fix the key.
What are my options? I pretty much have to find a Apple II original keyboard? or does anyone in the community do these repairs?
3) Is there a keyboard that will fit/plug-in just to test the rest of it out
4) I read that I can do CTRL-B to go into Basic but it doesn't work. I am guessing its because the CTRL key doesn't work. Or am I missing a ROM?
5) Why do they have a RF box mounted on the inside with a cable for the TV, when there is already a composite connection on the outside (from the motherboard)
6) are there any commands I can do to fully test it?
7) Should I get the red or newer reference manual? any other recommendations
I am pretty sure it hasn't been touched in like 30 years. I blew out the dust but there is still a small layer of dust in it.