Hi all,

I am new to blogs and am not technical. The screen on my laptop has developed two vertical lines that are very annoying. I would like to replace the LCD but am not sure if it is pre-DVI or DVI. Actually don't know what that means. How do I determine which it is?

Thanks for any help you can provide.


Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
MaxTek's picture

If you have a vga port in bac

If you have a vga port in back behind the port door than you have a Tibook VGA. If you have a DVI port than you have the Tibook DVI.

See this picture for an example of a rectangle vga port (in blue) and the rectangle DVI port in white.

dankephoto's picture

to be DVI or not to be DVI

Open the back port cover, is the video-out port a 'standard' VGA port (9 pins) or is it a DVI port? (DVI has ~24 pins)

dan k

ps: wouldn't this Q be better asked in the forums, Hardware Help for example?