The FAQ

7 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined: Dec 19 2003
Posts: 566

Anyone remember the FAQ I ported over from the old forums? Here:

http://www.applefritter.com/node/3386

How about adding it as a FAQ link in the top menu? It might stop so many stupid questions being asked! Haha. Also it's probably due an update, so make as many changes to it as you want.

EDIT: Oh and can we please please please get this URL auto-linking working again?

TOM

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
BDub's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 20 2003
Posts: 706
Not sure about it...

I don't quite like the way it looks, but putting everything on the primary line made it too crowded, and FAQ looked lonely as the only secondary link...any suggestions on how it should look would be great.

Oh, and I linked http://www.applefritter.com/faq to your node Tom.

Any suggestions on changes in content for it would be good as well.

__________________

"There is going to be a future: let's chase it until it kills us." - Spider Robinson

Offline
Joined: Dec 19 2003
Posts: 566
Re: Not sure about it...

BDub wrote:

I don't quite like the way it looks, but putting everything on the primary line made it too crowded, and FAQ looked lonely as the only secondary link...any suggestions on how it should look would be great.

Maybe make the text the same colour as the main line (i.e. dark blue text with light blue dividers), and centre it compared with the main menu?

TOM

BDub's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 20 2003
Posts: 706
Re: Not sure about it...

tomlevens wrote:
BDub wrote:

I don't quite like the way it looks, but putting everything on the primary line made it too crowded, and FAQ looked lonely as the only secondary link...any suggestions on how it should look would be great.

Maybe make the text the same colour as the main line (i.e. dark blue text with light blue dividers), and centre it compared with the main menu?

TOM

Are the colours not the same for you? I'm using the same hex values for them in the stylesheet, and they look the same on my powerbook...Could you provide a screenshot? Also, what browser/OS are you running?

I've included screenshots of it right and center aligned. I prefer it right aligned. What do you think?

It's center aligned right now, just so you can have a look at it in context.

Secondary Links Centered

Secondary Links Right Aligned

__________________

"There is going to be a future: let's chase it until it kills us." - Spider Robinson

coius's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 25 2004
Posts: 1975
Gotta love that! :)

Tom, I love the witty comments you put into the FAQ, it makes it more enjoyable to read. some of the stuff made me have a good ending to this hellish day I have had. Laughing out loud thx.

__________________

See my PB540c 33Mhz serve a website! http://yui-ikari.coius.info/

Offline
Joined: Dec 19 2003
Posts: 566
Re: Not sure about it...

BDub wrote:

Are the colours not the same for you? I'm using the same hex values for them in the stylesheet, and they look the same on my powerbook...Could you provide a screenshot? Also, what browser/OS are you running?

I've included screenshots of it right and center aligned. I prefer it right aligned. What do you think?

It's center aligned right now, just so you can have a look at it in context.

Secondary Links Centered

Secondary Links Right Aligned

It looks the same now, but before the second line text was the same colour as the dividers... hmm strange :Smile

As for the alignment, personally I prefer the centre align, but in the end that's up to you, it doesn't really make that much of a difference Wink

TOM

BDub's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 20 2003
Posts: 706
Re: Not sure about it...

tomlevens wrote:
BDub wrote:

Are the colours not the same for you? I'm using the same hex values for them in the stylesheet, and they look the same on my powerbook...Could you provide a screenshot? Also, what browser/OS are you running?

I've included screenshots of it right and center aligned. I prefer it right aligned. What do you think?

It's center aligned right now, just so you can have a look at it in context.

Secondary Links Centered

Secondary Links Right Aligned

It looks the same now, but before the second line text was the same colour as the dividers... hmm strange :Smile

As for the alignment, personally I prefer the centre align, but in the end that's up to you, it doesn't really make that much of a difference Wink

TOM

You may have caught me as I was mucking with the stylesheet to add it the first time.

I'm going to right align it again. It looks fine either way, but I had to kludge a table in there to make it center align, and everytime I look at it I think about that.

__________________

"There is going to be a future: let's chase it until it kills us." - Spider Robinson

dankephoto's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 20 2003
Posts: 1900
right align please

design-wise, there's really no choice, it should be right aligned. Well, unless you are going for the mishmash design style. Tongue

dan k

__________________

|| web page gone - curse you Comcast! | Applish goodies servers offline, sorry! |
» email macdan at comcast.net