Processor : 2.6 GHz
OS : OS 10.7.5 (Lion) - Build 11G63
RAM : 4 GB 67 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB
|#||+||----- Monitor -----||+||----- Connection -----||+||----- Notes -----|
|1|||||(unused)|||||DVI port|||||sometimes I hook up to my 40” TV…|
|.|||||- - - Storage - - -|||||- - - Connection / Location - - -|||||- Notes -|
|1x|||||250GB Fujitsu|||||Serial-ATA / stock/internal bay|||||...|
|2x|||||2TB WD Passport (USB 3.0)|||||Sonnet Tempo Duo ExpressCard|34 / external|||||...|
================================ Fun Notes ================================
1. The first battery was gutted and makes for a great "pouch" to hold thumb drives, may become a Raspberry Pi project one day...
2. Many of my heat issues were resolved when I downgraded back to Lion.
================================ Issues ===================================
1. FaceTime does not work any more (Thanks Apple!)
2. Find My Mac does not work anymore (Again, thank you Apple and planed obsolescence).
- - - - - Recently learned that Issues 1 and 2 are related to the fact that my Mac’s serial number disappeared quite some time ago. I have a plan to reset it and hopefully these features will work again. More to follow in the future…
3. Cannot currently locate my original software install CD so had a ton of issues when I downgraded from Capitan
4. Battery is getting wonky again and not reliably holding its charge. Likely needs to be replaced.
5. Occassionaly thermal issues cause unexpected shutdowns when not plugged in - nowhere near as bad since downgrading OS to Lion.