Keyboard buffer?

2 replies [Last post]
A2forever's picture
Joined: Dec 20 2003
Posts: 226

you guys remember this feature? I would be doing a long catalog of a disk and while it was cataloging , I was able to TYPE commands in , for example CATALOG , and it was like I had a keyboard buffer or something like that? I can't remember if it was a printer card like grapler or something like that that let me have extra buffer in memory to do this? If anyone remembers this can ya let me know? I would love to put something like that in one of my II+'s and get it working!




Long Live The Apple ][

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Dog Cow's picture
Joined: Dec 11 2008
Posts: 487
The IIgs has this feature. It

The IIgs has this feature. It's in the Control Panel.


Mac 512K Blog
Mac GUI VaultApple II BookMac GUI • Email me: dog_cow@m

Joined: May 27 2009
Posts: 954
videx enhancer ][

..has a little hardware buffer so you can type while there is disk access or other things going on..


On a clear disk you can seek forever..