WAVs, monitor, source, etc...: http://asciiexpress.net/files/codebreaker.zip
There was a bug that did not show up with OpenEmulator or POM1, but did with MESS and Mimeo. I do not recall why I did this, but my putchar code ORA $80 before outputting the character. After removing that Corey Cohen confirmed that it now works for Mimeo. I also tested with MESS and OpenEmulator.
I had to create two versions of this game. One for Replica-1 (because of the R/O E000) and one for everything else.
* 8k version that uses 0000-0FFF and E000-EFFF
* 8k version that uses 0000-1FFF for Replica-1
* Tested on OpenEmulator, MESS, and an Apple-1 Mimeo clone (Thanks Corey Cohen!)
* WAV files recreated with 10 sec leader and 48KHz sample rate. Tested with Mimeo (Corey), OpenEmulator, and MESS.
Use the 4+4k version for Apple-1s, clones, emulators, etc... with
4K at 0000-0FFF and 4K at E000-EFFF where E000 is R/W.
NOTE: if E000 is R/O (e.g. Replica-1) then use the 8k version.
Use the 8k version for Apple-1s, clones, emulations, etc... with
8K at 0000-1FFF.