Troi Activator Plug-in 1.3 for FileMaker Pro
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts
across the network, even over the Internet. All from within FileMaker
* trigger a FileMaker script on a different client computer
* trigger a FileMaker script over the Internet
* use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
* send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
* start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
Apart from remote triggering you can also trigger scripts on the same computer:
* trigger a script on a specified date and time
* schedule events which trigger any script you want
* trigger a script after exiting a field
* validate fields with a custom script suited to your specific
* put the computer to sleep till it needs to be activated again (Mac only).
Troi Activator Plug-in 1.3 (release date July 17th, 2001) adds these
new functions and features:
* Tested with FileMaker 5.5 and made compatible for Mac OS X. The
Mac OS version of the plug-in is now a so called 'Super Fat' plug-in
that will run native on Mac OS 8, 9 and on Mac OS X.
* You can now schedule an event without parameters.
* Added support for runtimes (including kiosk mode) created with
FileMaker Developer 5 for Windows and FileMaker Developer Edition 4.0
* Added support for FileMaker Pro 4.0 for Windows and FileMaker Pro
4.1 for Windows.
The Activator allows you to:
* create a real-time appointment solution, where you can notify a
colleague (on a different computer) of changes in his/her appointments
* notify a user that a shared document can be used
* start processing scientific data on a lab computer (see our Serial
Plug-in for connecting FileMaker to serial devices:
* get someone out of a record, so that it is no longer locked
* schedule processing of incoming email and put the computer to
sleep the rest of the time, saving energy