Hi all,

I am new to blogs and am not technical. The screen on my laptop has developed two vertical lines that are very annoying. I would like to replace the LCD but am not sure if it is pre-DVI or DVI. Actually don't know what that means. How do I determine which it is?

Thanks for any help you can provide.



MaxTek's picture

If you have a vga port in back behind the port door than you have a Tibook VGA. If you have a DVI port than you have the Tibook DVI.

See this picture for an example of a rectangle vga port (in blue) and the rectangle DVI port in white.

dankephoto's picture

Open the back port cover, is the video-out port a 'standard' VGA port (9 pins) or is it a DVI port? (DVI has ~24 pins)

dan k

ps: wouldn't this Q be better asked in the forums, Hardware Help for example?