The power bulb under the power key on my Apple II (original 1978 with raised power key) will not glow on. The computer powers on and operates fine otherwise, loads a game from Disk ][ etc. Light bulbs on a language card glow fine. Beeps from speaker fine.
I removed the bulb, but as it is very small cannot tell for sure if it is fused. I have a replacement bulb (slightly larger size but I am told a genuine Apple II replacement part) which when I mechanically connected it to the power key copper output contacts (no soldering) also would not glow.
Before I bring out the multimeter, what output voltage should I expect from the power key terminals? Assuming its OK to test the "original" bulb using a household battery, what voltage should I work with?
Anything else that could be causing this besides a faulty bulb?
Thanks for the suggestions.