I will be putting this machine on ebay in the next week or so, but I thought that I would post it here first. Pictures to come...
The M0001 was "THE" first Macintosh (before they were labeled as "Macintosh 128K"). This is the computer that inspired the "1984" SuperBowl commerical.
This Mac 128 (M0001), with serial number F4416MCM0001, was the 8544th manufactured during the 41st week of 1984 in Fremont, CA. There is a ComputerCraft case badge on the front, indicating that it was purchased from the ComputerCraft retail chain.
Unfortunately, this computer needs repair. It boots to a Sad Mac with the code 040283 below it, and there's little jigglies on the screen. I researched the code, and it indicates that the RAM chip at G6 on the motherboard has failed.. Someone with better knowlege of a soldering iron or better knowlege of the workings of the 128K mainboard may be able to fix this.
Included in the auction is the original ImageWriter printer purchased with this computer.
Also included is a smattering of the original software and documentation that came with this computer. Some of the documentation alone can be considered 'collectible', especially considering the excellent shape of the manuals.
Included is the following:
- Computer: Macintosh (M0001)
- Printer: ImageWriter (A9M0303)
- Box: Macintosh Software Box (plastic box)
- Manual: Macintosh (030-0687-B)
- Manual (still in shrinkwrap): MacPaint (030-0848)
- Manual (still some shrinkwrap): MacWrite (030-0688-B)
- Brochure: If you can point, you can use a Macintosh (035-0260)
- Audio Cassette: A Guided Tour of Macintosh and MacWrite-MacPaint (685-0011-A)
- 400K Floppy: A Guided Tour of Macintosh (690-5002-C)
- 400K Floppy: MacWrite-MacPaint - A Guided Tour (690-5006-B)
- 400K Floppy: System and MacWrite-MacPaint (690-5023-A)
- 400K Floppy: MacWrite-MacPaint (690-5009B)
- 400K Floppy: MacPaint (690-5011-C)
- Box: MacWrite - MacPaint
- Manual: MacPaint (030-0848)
- Manual: MacWrite (030-0688-B)
- Brochure: Macintosh - The Adventure Begins Here. Near mint condition (030-0685-B)
- 400K Floppy: MacWrite-MacPaint - A Guided Tour (690-5006-C)
- 400K Floppy: MacPaint (690-5011-B)
- 400K Floppy: MacWrite - missing metal slider (690-5024-A)
- Audio Cassette (still in shrink wrap): A Guided Tour of MacWrite-MacPaint (942-0417A
- Box: ImageWriter Accessory Kit
- Printer Cable
- ImageWriter User Manual
- assorted documentation
Due to the problems with the computer, I have not test any of the 400K Floppys, nor did I test the audio cassettes. These items are sold as-is, untested.
Looking for $150, plus $40 shipping (U.S.) For Canada or Mexico shipping, please email me.
I can be reached at reverend.darkness at gmail.com