I am just getting into the Apple IIe world and I'm hoping to get a system off of eBay soon. I do have some questions though that I hope some of you migth be able to answer.
First, let me say this. I am a classic computer collector. I have many systems and wish to add an Apple IIe to my collection. I'm also not just a collector, but a user. I use most if not all of the systems I own. I guess I'm a classic computer junkie. My main collection or the one I use most is the Commodore 64, as I grew up with that system in the 80s. There are lots of modern hardware add-ons that enhance the C64 experience today. This post is going to be asking alot of similar questions on the IIe. I am interested in learning about new hardware, software, and if anyone can give me a list of the best Apple IIe sites. For example for the Commodore 64 there is Lemon64.com or the Amiga has LemonAmiga.com. Are there any sites like that for Apple II users? Well, let me ask my questions now.
1. I think I saw that there is a TCP/IP NIC adapter for the Apple IIe. Where can I find more info on this and also where can I purcahse one? Can I use telnet to connect to a telnet BBS with this adapter?
2. Are there adapters to hook a Apple IIe to a VGA monitor?
3. Anything to use typical Atari joysticks on the Apple II?
4. I saw some sort of CF card adapter once. Anyone have any info on that?
5. Were there any hjard drives and is there any sites where I can get good info on Apple II hard drives and where I could purchase them?
6. Does anyone have info or a site where I can learn how to convert Apple II disk images BACK to real 5 1/4" floppy?
7. Can the Apple II use 3.5" floppies? I thought I saw a 3.5" drive for the II a long time ago on eBay.
Well, thats a start. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.