With the untimely demise of my beloved MDD, partway through my updrades, I am planning to reboot my project using a RasPi 4 as the main computer, housing withing the confines of the MDD case.
I am starting a new thread to layout my plans and help me keep track of what I plan to do. I also welcome inputs and suggestions as I go through it.
Primary purpose: Build a server inside of an MDD case, utilizing as much available hardware as possible and ultimately providng file and media server acapabilities on my home network. This server will include an instance of Plex Media Server and a yet-to-be-determined file server application.
1. Good consition MDD case . PSU should be good but Mobo is deemed to have failed. If Mobo is infact okay, then the PSU is inthe process of failing. System powers on, fans spin full speed, system fails to get past black screen of nothingness.
2. Twin 20" Cinema Displays. One has an Apple DVI-ADC adapter.
3. Good ATI Radeon 9000 Pro card in the AGP slot. Using some HDMI-DVI dongles may make this moot as long as I can support dual HDMI output from the Pi.
4. Two 64bit PCI Sonnet SATA cards. These drive my external media boxes, capable of housing up to 16 drives.
5. 2x good, near identical IDE hard drives.
6. 1x good DVD +/-RW IDE drive.