I have been slowly going through my Apple items here. I collect vintage computers and as such I am running out of display room for my mini-museum. So, I decided to offer up this Apple II clone to the community here before I put it on eBay.
I do not have a specific price in mind, but due to its size and weight, I do ask that shipping will be on top of any offers. Below are the highlights and photos.
1) I did not build this clone. It came in a larger lot of Apple items.
2) It uses the typical clone motherboad and looks like someone burned ROMs. They do not appear to be original Apple chips.
3) The system has been completely disassembled and the boards and case properly cleaned. There are some surface scratches on the top; perhaps where a monitor of drives sat?
4) There is a JDR 16k memory expansion card in the machine.
5) The keyboard is interesting. It is an extended keyboard. Its board and encoder are all in one and it has a single green/white wire (see photos) connecting the number pad to the motherboard.
6) The keyboard is actually quite nice. I really like the feel of the key presses and it has that satisfying 1980's click to typing.
7) One observation. The clear, illuminated switch in the lower left does not appear to do anything. I suspect it should be for lower case but may need a different keyboard ROM?
8) Beyond connecting it to a monitor I have not tested it. You can see from the photos it starts and has BASIC onboard.
9) If interested, please PM me with an offer. I am also willing to consider trades. Specifically I am looking for an Apple II+ keyboard encoder and an Apple IIc or IIc+.