Those of you who follow my blog will have seen this already, but I figured I'd post it here, as well.
I have taken Eric Smith’s disassembly of Apple 1 Basic and made it build-able with an Assembler called DASM. But there is more, I have compared the object code with 5 published versions of Apple 1 Basic and modified the source so that any of 4 slightly different versions can be built. Two of the published versions are identical. At some point, when I get a better understanding of what the differences functionally accomplish, I’ll document and put a page up on my web site.
This work is derived from Eric’s original disassembly, Eric has been gracious enough to allow me to distribute.
I understand that there are likely to be more versions out there, as Apple 1 basic was a work in progress during the life of the Apple 1 and WOZ distributed improvements as time went on.