It's done – it's finally done!
After weeks of painstaking work, today I have completed the conversion of the original Apple-1 Operation Manual to modern typesetting. The pictures attached show JPGs of the finished (although not finally corrected) work. Of course, the PDFs that I create will be way higher quality and crisp even if you look at them with a microscope.
I attach one higher res file of the power supply schematics page which gives you more of a feeling about the quality. The PDFs outshine this even more.
After I made a final check that everything is correct, I will shuffle the pdfs over to a printer where the reprint will be done. Features of the reprint will be:
1. Printed on "Munken Pure" paper, 150gsm. This is a very nice paper with a yellowish tint to it. I think it nicely resembles the age of the manual
2. The schematics will be fold outs just like in the original manual. I still have no confirmation about the EXACT way this has been done back in 1976 but I think made guess is good enough.
3. All pages are almost 100 represent exactly the original documents down to fractions of millimeter. Each character, each line, each dot is precisely positioned where it had been originally.
4. NO corrections have been done to the schematics. This version is true to the original. There might one coming where corrections are made, but this is not it.
Boy, that has been quite a bit of work. I hope you enjoy the outcome.
IF YOU SPOT ANY MISTAKE, PLEASE FEE FREE TO LET ME KNOW!
Here are the JPGs of the whole manual (low-res):
Here is a high-res of the power supply schematics: