FujiNet for Apple IIc/IIc+/IIgs ~ Anyone have a 3D printed case for this?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
michaelx74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: Oct 28 2022 - 16:20
Posts: 5
FujiNet for Apple IIc/IIc+/IIgs ~ Anyone have a 3D printed case for this?

I know Javier Master has created a great one, but haven't seen him post his 3d printing file.  Anyone that has one of these FujiNets, if you have a case I'd love to get my hands on one.

 

 

masteries's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 9 hours ago
Joined: Sep 23 2022 - 05:28
Posts: 10
 I have the STL file,I will

 

I have the STL file,

I will send it to you 

Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 37 min ago
Joined: Jun 29 2018 - 16:55
Posts: 310
masteries wrote: I have the
masteries wrote:

 

I have the STL file,

I will send it to you 

I would also very much appreciate the STL file if possible, to make one for the Fujinet I got from you :) 

magnusfalkirk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: Feb 18 2007 - 11:46
Posts: 310
masteries wrote: I have the
masteries wrote:

 

I have the STL file,

I will send it to you 

Just out of curiousity how much would you charge to make a case for the FujiApple and send it to me? I ask this since I would like to have a case for it but am not interested in getting a 3D printer.

 

Thanks in advance

 

Online
Last seen: 18 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Jul 5 2018 - 09:44
Posts: 1559
magnusfalkirk wrote:masteries
magnusfalkirk wrote:
masteries wrote:

 

I have the STL file,

I will send it to you 

Just out of curiousity how much would you charge to make a case for the FujiApple and send it to me? I ask this since I would like to have a case for it but am not interested in getting a 3D printer.

 

 

 

 There are places like CraftCloud3D which will do 3D printing for you.  You upload your .stl file and select material, finish, color, etc. and they make the parts for you and ship them to you.  I've used this because while I may get a 3D priner someday, I haven't yet.

 

If there's a need for these, if someone got the .srl and had a bunch made and would be willing to sell them it might be good for those of us in the situation where we don't have a printer ourselves.

 

FWIW, I also have a FujiApple, so I wouldn't mind getting the .stl.  I might be willing to sell a couple extras if I get one prnted for myself.

 

To clarify...  I'd be happy just to buy one if someone else wants to take this on.  If nobody else is up for it, I might be willing to make a few extra for others to buy.

 

 

Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 37 min ago
Joined: Jun 29 2018 - 16:55
Posts: 310
I also use CraftCloud3d for

I also use CraftCloud3d for most small stuff, I have no desire to own my own 3D printer when I can pick all the options there and have it show up at my door. 

Online
Last seen: 54 sec ago
Joined: Jun 6 2020 - 10:50
Posts: 312
A lot of public libraries

A lot of public libraries these days are evolving to include "maker spaces", where they have devices like 3D printers too. You could always check with your library. 

Online
Last seen: 18 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Jul 5 2018 - 09:44
Posts: 1559
skate323k137 wrote:I also use
skate323k137 wrote:

I also use CraftCloud3d for most small stuff, I have no desire to own my own 3D printer when I can pick all the options there and have it show up at my door. 

 

 

It has worked out well for me so far.  I've had keyswitch stems, keycap adapters and a bunch of other parts printed there.  Prices have been reasonable and the parts are made and shipped fairly quickly.

 

Online
Last seen: 18 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Jul 5 2018 - 09:44
Posts: 1559
nick3092 wrote:A lot of
nick3092 wrote:

A lot of public libraries these days are evolving to include "maker spaces", where they have devices like 3D printers too. You could always check with your library. 

 

I've never heard of a library doing that.  There are a few "maker spaces" and similar sort of small businesses or co-op facilities that provide access to 3d printers and other things (wood and metal shops, etc) around here.  I've been contemplating joining one of the places.  I probably should.

 

Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: Jan 29 2023 - 21:32
Posts: 3
Would you be so kind as to

Would you be so kind as to send me the STL as well?  

thank you. :-)

magnusfalkirk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: Feb 18 2007 - 11:46
Posts: 310
3D cases for FujiApple
softwarejanitor wrote:

There are places like CraftCloud3D which will do 3D printing for you.  You upload your .stl file and select material, finish, color, etc. and they make the parts for you and ship them to you.  I've used this because while I may get a 3D priner someday, I haven't yet.

 

If there's a need for these, if someone got the .srl and had a bunch made and would be willing to sell them it might be good for those of us in the situation where we don't have a printer ourselves.

 

FWIW, I also have a FujiApple, so I wouldn't mind getting the .stl.  I might be willing to sell a couple extras if I get one prnted for myself.

 

To clarify...  I'd be happy just to buy one if someone else wants to take this on.  If nobody else is up for it, I might be willing to make a few extra for others to buy.

 

softwarejanitor, please let me know if you do get a few extra 3D cases for the FujiApple printed and how much you want for it. I realize some people here feel that I should just get the STL files and then send them off to be made into a case. Think what you will of me, I really don't want to do that. If someone else is willing to get extra cases made, or make them themsleves, I'm fine with buying the case from them.

 

To me the "get the files and send them off yourself" is a round about way saying "we really don't care to help you, do it on your own". I got the same sort of feeling in the thread on here about the Dan ][ card when I was told I need to flash the card. I asked about how to do that and was told "the instructions were in the first three pages of this thread, go there and find them". I always thought the Apple II community was about helping each other in any way we could. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, I am turning 65 this year.

Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 37 min ago
Joined: Jun 29 2018 - 16:55
Posts: 310
Following documentation for

Following documentation for ongoing projects like the Dan II card is always tricky. When I used to get frustrated with things like this, such as bleeding edge emulators, I just set it down for a year or so and see what it looks like then. Usually, I'm amazed instead of frustrated, and rewarded for patience. If I dive into an active development project I accept the caveats and this community is still one of the best. 

 

Anyway, we are telling you a specific service we use for 3d printing and can vouch for, not trying to make you feel stranded. I would feel like I was scalping you if I sold you something you could just order yourself that easily, if I didn't at least tell you 1st. (Nothing against someone doing it for you, I'm just saying, we're pointing you to the source). 

 

You will always have to do some work yourself, and with Apple II, being pointed to written docs is about as good as it gets. 3d printing is a massive time sink, hence why I "outsource" it entirely. Pointing you to craftcloud is mercy advice ;) I used them to make cases for Bluescsi, FloppyEMU D-Sub, Replica 1 base, WiModem232... the list goes on. 

Online
Last seen: 18 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Jul 5 2018 - 09:44
Posts: 1559
magnusfalkirk wrote
magnusfalkirk wrote:
softwarejanitor wrote:

There are places like CraftCloud3D which will do 3D printing for you.  You upload your .stl file and select material, finish, color, etc. and they make the parts for you and ship them to you.  I've used this because while I may get a 3D priner someday, I haven't yet.

 

If there's a need for these, if someo

 

 

I haven't got the .stl, so I can't have anything 3d printed yet.  The only point in having someone make extras is that the cost per unit  is usually cheaper on 3D parts if you have several made.  And not everyone knows how, or wants to deal with ordering 3D parts to be printerd.  Although it's really quite simple from the place I use.

 

Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Feb 11 2020 - 12:33
Posts: 25
If someone sends me a link or

If someone sends me a link or the actual STL file, I can print off a case or two.

 

Shipping will be cheap if you are in the USA.

 

 

magnusfalkirk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: Feb 18 2007 - 11:46
Posts: 310
FujiApple Case
dabone wrote:

If someone sends me a link or the actual STL file, I can print off a case or two.

 

Shipping will be cheap if you are in the USA.

 

Masteries has the STL files, you can contact him, or hopefully he'll see your post and contact you. Yes I live in the US, Western Oklahoma to be exact. Middle of no where Okalhoma, 90 miles west of OKC, 160 miles east of Amarillo, Tx.

 

Online
Last seen: 18 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Jul 5 2018 - 09:44
Posts: 1559
magnusfalkirk wrote:dabone
magnusfalkirk wrote:
dabone wrote:

If someone sends me a link or the actual STL file, I can print off a case or two.

 

Shipping will be cheap if you are in the USA.

 

Masteries has the STL files, you can contact him, or hopefully he'll see your post and contact you. Yes I live in the US, Western Oklahoma to be ex

 

 

I'm in the Austin, TX area...  probably 400-500 miles southeast of where you are.  If someone sends me the .stl I can also have a few extra ones printed.

 

 

Log in or register to post comments