I have what appears to be a Platinum //e motherboard which I was assured worked by the ebay seller (we all know what that's worth)
- Upon power up it displays this https://imgur.com/a/vsIC3rF Every time. The image is stable. If I hit ctrl reset the screen changes randomly.
- The board does NOT have an 80col card or any other card.
- The Character ROM is this http://imgur.com/cPA4J6G
So before I pull out the scope and chase my tail:
- What happens on a Platinum //e if the 80col card is missing?
- Shouldn't it just boot up as normal?
- Does anyone recognize that ROM?
EDIT: ACK! There's no keyboard attached... it's doing diagnostics isn't it?
EDIT ][: Now with J17-5 and J17-7 pulled low, I get this image https://i.imgur.com/08rYs4Y.jpg
That doesn't appear to be diagnostics. If I force AppleWin into self diagnostics it shows LoRes color blocks all over the screen which change from time to time before it beeps rapidly and says "SYSTEM OK" across the screen. Either version I've shown is all I get unless I goose the reset.
DC Voltages are a bit off, and I've never seen what the tollerance is for that. +5=4.998 +12=12.4 -12=-12.3 -5=-4.998 Pin 40 of the 65C02 is at +5 (+4.998)
but pin 31 of the slots seems to be wandering... I might have been on the wrong pin.
I was on the wrong pin...