I have been buying Apple II systems and equipment from eBay for over 16 years. Most of the time the sellers have had reasonable prices for most everything and I have been 95% satisfied with what I have recieved. The other 5% I have used for parts, etc. and counted myself lucky that it could have been worse.
What has really been great is the fact that if you are a repeat buyer from particular sellers, they go out of thier way for you.
The last six to eight months, some of the Mid-Country sellers, and some of the West Coast sellers, seem to have lost thier minds.
They are asking the most outlandish prices for items such as $499.00 for RAM II cards, $599.00 for SCSI cards and if that is not bad enough, someone in the Mid-West placed a piece of software up for $0.99 as a starting bid, but then wanted to charge $29.00 for shipping.
There are many knowledgable folks up here on AppleFritter. I have come to respect all the folks who answer questions and give thier opinion on all kinds of subject matter.
Is it just me noticing this behavior?
Am I the only one asking the "why" question?
Everyones view is appreciated.