Multiple image ROM card

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: Aug 4 2018 - 21:59
Posts: 107
This is the current l;ayout

This is the current layout for the eventual next revision

 

macnoyd's picture
Online
Last seen: 54 min 12 sec ago
Joined: Oct 15 2012 - 08:59
Posts: 449
I was also thinking of the

I was also thinking of the 27C512 fix as well.  No biggie, besides, once you put that sticker over the top of the EPROM, you can't tell the difference anyway. ;)  Clever design on swapping the pins. +1

 

If you change the resistors to a 9 or 10-pin RP, I'll pay for the next order.  PM me on that.

 

 

Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: Aug 4 2018 - 21:59
Posts: 107
Maybe I'll change it to avoid

Maybe I'll change it to avoid the confusion that might come about now that there are 2 different value resistors. Accidentally using the 470R resistor as a pull up instead of 10k would be bad.

Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: Aug 4 2018 - 21:59
Posts: 107
Happy now?

Happy now?

LOL

macnoyd's picture
Online
Last seen: 54 min 12 sec ago
Joined: Oct 15 2012 - 08:59
Posts: 449
Ha! YES, very.

Do you want me to fund this? (must be in gold too. :)  )

That's why I said 9 or 10 pin RP.  I figured the LED resistor was a low val.

Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: Aug 4 2018 - 21:59
Posts: 107
Its not worth running them in

Its not worth running them in gold just yet.

The existing production cards work in 99% of machines and the other 1% have an easy workaround.

I might run a few prototypes just to be sure everything fits with the new layout

 

Edit: I ordered 5 protoype cards in white.

It just occured to me, if the LED is a water clear superbright I could lose that single resistor and use a spare in the 10k resitor network .   10k was the value needed to drop that green superbright on one of my saturn card down to the brightness of the regular LED's.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments