I have an Apple IIe Enhanced, with a ReActiveMicro Universal PSU installed, an 80col/64k ram expansion card, and I am using a floppyEmu on a 5.25" 655-0101-D controller card (slot 7). There is also a SuperSerial Card installed (slot 2) and it works successfully.
Last week, I built the ReActiveMicro Phasor Sound card from Kit, installed into slot 4, and everything worked swimmingly. Ultima IV is able to play music through the board, deater.net's Apple II Chiptune Player plays tunes, and all versions of ProDOS boot without crashing and Apple IIe Diagnostic v2.1 passes all tests. The computer has been working OK for the past several days...
But yesterday, after a few hours of using ProTerm, ADTPro, CopyPlus II, and other utilities, I begain experiencing frequent crashes in ProDOS, often the message, "RESTART SYSTEM-$01" would display, and, booting prodos 2.4 and 2.5 are failing all together. Today, I removed and re-installed each card until the crashes recur, and these crashes only when the ReActiveMicro Phasor Sound card is installed.
- I've re-flowed every solder point on the sound card, removed, and re-seated every socketed chip.
- I've also tried it in slots 3 and 5.
- Ultima IV now reliably freezes up, about 8 out of 8 tries when pressing any key at the title screen, where it should transition to the main menu. If I remove the sound card, it does not crash.
- Surprisingly, deater.net's Apple II Chiptune Player works and plays music through the Mockingboard! Though it did crash one time while playing music out of the ~8 tests made with this software.
- The Apple IIe Diagnostic v2.1 reliably freezes during "System Interrupts Test", pressing ESC does not stop the test. Launching the keyboard test dropped me to the Monitor, but I have rebooted and retried several times since and it has not crashed at the Keyboard test again, but it reliably freezes at the interrupt test.
- Booting ProDos v2.0 boots OK to Main Menu, but pressing any invalid key, like "X" causes the video to switch from 80 to 40 column mode and the message "RESTART SYSTEM-$01" to display in the center.
- Booting ProDos v2.4.2, after the initial load screen, also displays the same message, "RESTART SYSTEM-$01".
- Booting ProDos v.2.5a8, after printing 37 dots, moves the cursor to HOME position before dumping to Monitor,
9042- A=F4 X=FD Y=FF P=B4 S=EE
Can anyone suggest any ideas or troubleshooting steps? Thank you!
jq -- https://github.com/jquast