Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums, but I was wondering if anyone could me troubleshoot my Mac Color Classic (stock, no upgrades like Mystic or Takky).
I opened the computer and replaced the original 80MB HDD with a 2.1GB disk. Before, the screen worked and it showed the blinking disk icon, but now even though the computer turns on and makes the startup chime, the screen is entirely dark. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a cable I knocked loose or forgot to reconnect when I was removing the analogue board, but so far, I haven't been able to find anything out of place.
Here's what I know:
- The screen still builds up a charge on the outside, which leads me to believe that the issue lies with the electron gun towards the back.
- The computer sounds like it's booting fine, and I think I can hear the HDD being accessed.
- I couldn't find any unconnected cables after checking three times. All the wires leading to the video board appear to still be firmly attached to the analogue board.
- The metal shielding covering the edge connector in the front corner of the analogue board is missing, though the computer appears to have worked fine without it.
- There's electrical continuity with the ground wire from the video board all the way to the ground pin on the cord.
- I couldn't perform a PRAM reset, but I did pull and reinsert the battery to no avail.
I was about to try removing the video board from the CRT to have a look, but I figured I'd ask here first before I make any more problems for myself. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
(I've also posted this same question to 68kmla.org, but haven't really gotten anywhere. Not trying to spam, just figured dedicated to the CC might be a better choice. https://68kmla.org/forums/index.php?/topic/54139-mac-color-classic-no-video/)