Video Card?

65 posts / 0 new
Last post
CVT
CVT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 41 min ago
Joined: Aug 9 2022 - 00:48
Posts: 1048
I found this about it:  

I found this about it: 

 

Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: Nov 18 2021 - 11:56
Posts: 85
  Interesting publication,

 

 

Interesting publication, but perhaps it would be better to use a card like the KAGA Elettronics TAXAN RGB / 80Col. or the DIGICARD 64K Extended 80 Column RGB Card or the Apple 80col/64 RGB Cardand an Apple Color 100 monitor or similar monitor.

CVT
CVT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 41 min ago
Joined: Aug 9 2022 - 00:48
Posts: 1048
If you live in Europe, also

If you live in Europe, also consider these 2 kits sold by Plamen (A2Heaven) for about $30 each that plug into each other:

 

RamWorks III (64K) Assembly KIT and RGB converter board add-on to Ramworks II/III

 

Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: Nov 18 2021 - 11:56
Posts: 85
CVT wrote:If you live in
CVT wrote:

If you live in Europe, also consider these 2 kits sold by Plamen (A2Heaven) for about $30 each that plug into each other:

 

RamWorks III (64K) Assembly KIT and RGB converter board add-on to Ramworks II/III

 

 

 

Thanks for the advice, I was looking at the A2Heaven site just these days. I saw an RGB kit and asked Plamen if I could have one already assembled. Plamen replied that it was possible to buy the products already assembled. It was he who then suggested another solution, that of RAMWorks with a new RGB converter which will be listed in these days. The same solution you just suggested to me. I don't understand  however, why the new RGB Converter is already available on your suggested site to me, when it is not yet available on the A2Heaven Plamen site.

Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 14 min ago
Joined: Jun 6 2020 - 10:50
Posts: 422
I just recently received and

I just recently received and built the standalone a2heaven RGB card. While there are a few minor things to complain about (not using gold fingers and using all red instead of r/g/b/y colored connectors), the card edge is not chamfered. I don't know if that's how all his cards are. I get that a low number of insertions probably won't matter if it's not chamfered. But it just seems like a bad decision to not have them chamfered. I would have gladly paid an extra $5 for that peace of mind. 

CVT
CVT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 41 min ago
Joined: Aug 9 2022 - 00:48
Posts: 1048
GianDO wrote:Thanks for the
GianDO wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I was looking at the A2Heaven site just these days. I saw an RGB kit and asked Plamen if I could have one already assembled. Plamen replied that it was possible to buy the products already assembled. It was he who then suggested another solution, that of RAMWorks with a new RGB converter which will be listed in these days. The same solution you just suggested to me. I don't understand  however, why the new RGB Converter is already available on your suggested site to me, when it is not yet available on the A2Heaven Plamen site.

 

 

This site is sort of like the bulgarian craigslist. He often lists stuff there for local customers at a reduced price.

Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: Nov 18 2021 - 11:56
Posts: 85
CVT wrote: This site is sort
CVT wrote:

 

This site is sort of like the bulgarian craigslist. He often lists stuff there for local customers at a reduced price.

 

 

However, I think I'll evaluate the solution offered by Planem, I think it's also the least expensive.

Can Apple Mac Vintage monitors like the M1212 work with an Apple IIe equipped with an RGB card?

Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: Nov 18 2021 - 11:56
Posts: 85
nick3092 wrote:I just
nick3092 wrote:

I just recently received and built the standalone a2heaven RGB card. While there are a few minor things to complain about (not using gold fingers and using all red instead of r/g/b/y colored connectors), the card edge is not chamfered. I don't know if that's how all his cards are. I get that a low number of insertions probably won't matter if it's not chamfered. But it just seems like a bad dec

 

 

In addition to the standalone RGB kit, there is also the RGB converter kit that can be mounted on a RAMWorks. How do these two kits differ in terms of performance?

CVT
CVT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 41 min ago
Joined: Aug 9 2022 - 00:48
Posts: 1048
Identical performance.

Identical performance on the Apple IIe. The only advantage of the add-on is that it doesn't take an extra slot. You can use the stand-alone on an Apple II and Apple II+ though, but you need to connect some wires to a couple of places on the motherboard.

Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: Nov 18 2021 - 11:56
Posts: 85
CVT wrote:Identical
CVT wrote:

Identical performance on the Apple IIe. The only advantage of the add-on is that it doesn't take an extra slot. You can use the stand-alone on an Apple II and Apple II+ though, but you need to connect some wires to a couple of places on the motherboard.

 

 

Perhaps for me it would be better to opt for the version with RAMWorks to avoid all the necessary modifications on the motherboard. This way I can go back to the original situation without having to make the changes again.

Also I would like to know if I can use an Apple Mac RGB color monitor such as the M1212 model with both kits.

CVT
CVT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 41 min ago
Joined: Aug 9 2022 - 00:48
Posts: 1048
You cannot use the standalone

You cannot use the standalone verion in the auxiliary slot, it only goes into a regurar slot. You should really read the documentation inside the two PDFs under Manuals: 

 

http://www.a2heaven.com/webshop/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=178

 

 

Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: Nov 18 2021 - 11:56
Posts: 85
CVT wrote:You cannot use the
CVT wrote:

You cannot use the standalone verion in the auxiliary slot, it only goes into a regurar slot. You should really read the documentation inside the two PDFs under Manuals: 

 

http://www.a2heaven.com/webshop/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=178

 

&nbs

 

Yes, I read it just as you replied me. in fact I edited the previous post.

CVT
CVT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 41 min ago
Joined: Aug 9 2022 - 00:48
Posts: 1048
I don't have this card and I

About the Apple monitor - I don't have this card and I've only seen it in action with a CRT monitor here (the second image): 

https://www.sandacite.com/forum/index.php?topic=17020.0 (right-click to translate to English)

 

Online
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: Feb 27 2021 - 18:59
Posts: 521
monitors monitors

GianDO wrote:

Also I would like to know if I can use an Apple Mac RGB color monitor such as the M1212 model with both kits.

Unlikely. The 640x480 Macintosh resolution is Macintosh-specific, it is not the same as a television resolution (which most Apple II RGB cards produce) or VGA.

Specifically, the M1212 like the M0401 before it requires 640x480, 35kHz horiz, 66.7 Hz vert, sync on green.

By contrast, the 640x480 VGA resolution requires 31.47kHz horiz, 59.9 Hz vert, separate sync. But VGA includes lower resolutions too.

The CCIR System M (NTSC) uses 525 total lines, of which 480 are visible, at 15.734kHz horiz, 59.94 Hz vert, 2:1 interlaced, composite sync.

These are all different, and even multisync monitors typically do not recognize signals with less than 30 kHz horizontal frequency, so it is rare that a single display is capable of all of these formats.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments