I need some advice as to what is my best upgrade path.
I have a Quicksilver 2002, 933MHz, with 768MB of memory and ~400GB of harddrive space (two Seagates), running OS X 10.3.9. Hooked to it I have a 21" (or 22") CRT running at 1920x1600 (I love it).
Beside common internet applications I have our digital photo library in there (few thousand pictures in iPhoto) and I use iMovie and iDVD to make DVDs with our home video (from a Sony Digital 5 camera). This is all from iLife 04.
My only complains are that iPhoto is getting slow with all these photos and certain actions in iMovie and iDVD are slow. Multiplexing in iDVD is slow but I usually have that run overnight so this is really not that much of an issue.
Note that I'm not planning on selling the QS if I get a new computer, I'd use that for a backup and storage server.
I have considered several options but I'm not sure which one's I should go with given that I don't need all that much throughput.
1) Get the latest iLife version (wasn't there a huge improvement in iPhoto in one of the releases?).
2) Get Tiger (but I don't thin that will speed anything up, but may be required for iLife?).
3) Get a better video card than the standard GeForce 64MB that is in there.
4) Get some processor upgrade (yeah I know, those frequently don't make sense).
5) Get the cheap Mac Mini and get an external DVD burner in a Firewire enclosure. But, again, I feel they are really too expensive given what you are getting.
6) Get a iMac, but I have a monitor that I like, again, I don't need the latest and the greatest.
Anyone have any comments?