hello what kind of joysticks are called ''autofire''??

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Last seen: 8 months 3 days ago
Joined: Jul 13 2007 - 07:06
Posts: 182
hello what kind of joysticks are called ''autofire''??

recently,I try to created IBM PC joystick converter to apple II,but I failed.because this document tell me.auto fire joystick ciruits's reason.it usually turn off this function.I look for google.auto-fire mean gamepad??right??I use gamepad and pinout.I guess ciruits.so I failed.someone can explain it??

Last seen: 13 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jan 29 2011 - 05:10
Posts: 4
Re: hello what kind of joysticks are called ''autofire''??

Some old shooter games were "button pounders" shooting exactly 1 bullet per button press, and could fire practically as fast as the button is pressed. These games were "great" for inducing repetitive-stress injures in your hands.

Auto-fire is just an oscillator circuit in the joystick/gamepad that sends out a stream of pulses on the button signal line, so you can hold down auto-fire and it sends pulses for you. Some auto-fire joysticks had a row of auto-fire buttons for slow/medium/fast pulse rates.

Auto-fire needs to get power from somewhere, and this may come from an power wire not normally used in a joystick, or is parasitically pulled from another source, or even a separate battery holder.

Log in or register to post comments