. . . not? THAT is the question!
The ROM SIMM layout is available on Gamba. (where else? HEH!) Has anyone researched the IIfx RAM SIMM or have links to info about hacking it? I found a printed version of the pinout in Guide to the Macintosh® Family Hardware, but before I bother looking into it: has anybody got a link to the pinout .txt or a .pdf donor document? Also, does anyone know offhand whether the IIfx's 128 MB RAM limit was:
• based upon a ROM limitation (memory map restricted as on the NuBus PPC PBs),
• a result of the RAM caching scheme,
• available IC densities of the day,
• max size SIMM manufactured in a 64 pin form factor,
• actual pinout address limitations of the 64 pin SIMM form factor . . .
• . . . or a combination of some or all of the above? :?
It seems absurd to me that a 64 pin SIMM memory architecture should have the same upper memory limit as a 30 pin SIMM implementation . . . hrmmmm . . .