Hope to get some help here for my Apple II Europlus. It turns on with the following screen garbage:
- The symtoms are like in this thread: https://www.applefritter.com/content/apple-boot-issues
- I hear the beep sound.
- When I do a keyboard reset I hear the beep sound, the screen stays the same.
- When I press the same letter key more time followed by an ENTER that same letter is displayed in the first row at the first free "??" pair. So it seems the processor is working and the keyboard as well. Am I correct?
- When I do a keyboard reset after this, the screen stays the same (entered letters do not disappear).
- The 9334 IC at location F14 is missing, I think the is normal for the BW PAL version?
What I already tested/tried:
- Measured the power supply, seems fine.
- No cards are inserted.
- Removed ALL the ICs, cleaned the sockets with Kontakt 60 and reseated them, no change.
- Removed all the memory, the display changes to all question marks.
- Inserted the first memory row from the bottom, no change.
- Tried the other two banks in the first bank, no change. So think it is not a memory issue?
I have to walk through the famous notes of the Apple Service center provided by Mike Willegal. I have a multimeter but not an oscilloscope (it is on my wanted list). But I thought maybe someone can pinpoint the cause more directly reading the above?
Thanks for your help!
Cheers from the Netherlands,