Im pretty excited to listen to this talk, so I figured I'd share.
On Sunday morning August 5th, Cecilia Botta ( http://www.ceciliabotta.com ) will be giving a pretty interesitng talk at VCF West in MountainView at the Computer History Museum. She will also be giving a recap on Saturday the 4th about VCF Italia which was recently held in April.
Cecilia is the curator of the "Temporary Museum" in Italy dedicated to the history of IT and video games and responsible for the ongoing care of one of the best known Apple-1 computers in Europe.
Cecilia will be displaying the Apple-1, which was purchased in 2010 at Christies in London for 157,000 euros and will be giving a presentation about the following....
- Why BasicNet, thanks to the generosity of Marco Boglione, the current owner of the Christies 2010 Apple-1, has an vintage IT collection and why telling the story of the IT revolution is so important for them.
- How does BasicGallery manage their digital and physical archiving systems.
- Key items in the collection including the story of their Apple-1 and the journey to get it operational.
- Exhibitions that she has curated including "A tribute to the IT Revolution" and "Steve Jobs o visionario" which is currently touring. New location is Brazil.
- A discussion of the "Temporary Museum" in Turin: a permanent cultural study dedicated to the machines that have forever conditioned the way we think, live and communicate, making the computer an everyday tool, accessible to everyone.
- The story of the “8bit generation” project and the body of interviews with Silicon Valley pioneers.
If your local enough, or have lots of spare frequent flyer miles, I hope to see you there...