Apple IIe + Apple Color 100

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 3 2019 - 12:29
Posts: 3
Apple IIe + Apple Color 100
I am currently taking offers on my Apple IIe and Apple Color 100 RGB monitor. The computer has Original Apple 80 collum 64k RGB expansion card, Apple Super Serial card, Apple Mouse Interface card, and Apple I/O Controller card. Everything is early production '82-'83 and in working order including the power tilt on the monitor. Never retrobrighted. The monitor is missing the side cover door but I believe you could source one somewhere, I haven't tried. It's also missing back cover screws and rubber feet on the computer but if it's a deal breaker I'll find some new ones. Please feel free to ask for pictures/video as the file sizes are to big to post and I will gladly e-mail them to you and feel ask any questions you may have.  
dorkbert's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 hour 33 min ago
Joined: Apr 12 2009 - 16:33
Posts: 313
I think one moved for about a

I think one moved for about a grand on fleaBay recently. It sat for about a month before moving.

Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: Jul 5 2018 - 09:44
Posts: 490
dorkbert wrote:

[quote=dorkbert]

I think one moved for about a grand on fleaBay recently. It sat for about a month before moving.

[/quote]

 

Wow!  That's a lot for a //e.  The monitor isn't very common and neither is the RGB card.  But CRTs are often a hard sell because of shipping issues.  And the RGB card is sort of a limited appeal item too.  Did that bundle have a bunch of other stuff with it?

 

Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 3 2019 - 12:29
Posts: 3
I did see the one for a

I did see the one for a thousand on ebay... I wasnt looking to get that much and im selling the computer and other cards too not just the monitor and 64k rgb 80 collum card..

Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 3 2019 - 12:29
Posts: 3
softwarejanitor wrote:

[quote=softwarejanitor]

[quote=dorkbert]

I think one moved for about a grand on fleaBay recently. It sat for about a month before moving.

[/quote]

 

Wow!  That's a lot for a //e.  The monitor isn't very common and neither is the RGB card.  But CRTs are often a hard sell because of shipping issues.  And the RGB card is sort of a limited appeal item too.  Did that bundle have a bunch of other stuff with it?

 

[/quote]

Nope... just the card and monitor went for $1000

Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: Jul 5 2018 - 09:44
Posts: 490
adam0lees wrote:

[quote=adam0lees]

[quote=softwarejanitor]

[quote=dorkbert]

I think one moved for about a grand on fleaBay recently. It sat for about a month before moving.

[/quote]

 

Wow!  That's a lot for a //e.  The monitor isn't very common and neither is the RGB card.  But CRTs are often a hard sell because of shipping issues.  And the RGB card is sort of a limited appeal item too.  Did that bundle have a bunch of other stuff with it?

 

[/quote]

Nope... just the card and monitor went for $1000

[/quote]

 

Insane.

 

 

Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: Mar 31 2020 - 19:55
Posts: 407
softwarejanitor wrote:[quote
softwarejanitor wrote:

[quote=adam0lees]

[quote=softwarejanitor]

[quote=dorkbert]

I think one moved for about a grand on fleaBay recently. It sat for about a month before moving.

[/quote]

 

Wow!  That's a lot for a //e.  The monitor isn't very common and neither is the RGB card.  But CRTs are often a hard sell because of shipping issues.  And the RGB card i

 

Bloody hell. I have two of those. I am not selling them, but it is good to know that when I drop dead, my heirs will get goodies worth selling.  One is on my bench as it needs repair (the rear video connector is broken). The other one is always in use and it's caps from 1985 are still rock solid. 

 

You can convert the output of those TTL cads to work with either the analogue //gs monitor, or other EGA monitors. I use a Colour Monitor 100 on my main //e ZIP-4 system with an AE RAM+RGB piggyback card. They are excellent monitors, but not worth that kind of investment versus the standard composite monitors. 

 

Note that the standard text colour varies based on which RGB card you use. Apple cards are pseudo-amber, AE cards are green. Some card that I used to use, was wat I define as 'teal'. 

 

The crispness isn't that different. They are also stupidly heavy, and can crush a DuoDisk. I learnt to put my DuoDIsk on the top of my Monitor 100, rather than underneath it. 

Log in or register to post comments