How to create Disk Image with Ciderpress

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: Aug 5 2020 - 11:56
Posts: 88
How to create Disk Image with Ciderpress

Does anyone know how to create an 800k or 1.44mb disk image in Ciderpress?

 

In the first screen I select HFS and then size I choose 1.4mb

 

When I go to save it save save in .po (pro dos order) so the saved image is a prodos disk and not HFS. In the drop down menu .po is the only option.

 

Anyone knows how to get thid to work?

 

Anyway to get .sit files on FloppyEMU so I can copy to my mac?

 

Thanks!

 

Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: Dec 19 2003 - 14:45
Posts: 204
CiderPress

I have used never used CiderPress to create floppies, but I do use it to  "look inside" disk image files I have and into the SD image saved over from Floppy EMU.

I purchased a USB 1.4 HD floppy drive and connected it to my MacMini2,1 running either Tiger or Snow Leopard, so that I could save files from the Internet and move to Mac 1.4 Floppy.

When I need 800K floppy, I make 1.4 floppy this way, move the files over to my Mac SE/30 and copy back to 800K floppy.

I think Optima and/or Maxima required installation disks on 800K and that is how I made the floppy to then install on my SE/30.

What Files are you trying to move over to floppy?

I thought eWorld solved this for you?

Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: Aug 5 2020 - 11:56
Posts: 88
MichaelLAX wrote:I have used
MichaelLAX wrote:

I have used never used CiderPress to create floppies, but I do use it to  "look inside" disk image files I have and into the SD image saved over from Floppy EMU.

I purchased a USB 1.4 HD floppy drive and connected it to my MacMini2,1 running either Tiger or Snow Leopard, so that I could save files from the Internet and move to Mac 1.4 Floppy.

When I need 800K floppy, I mak

 

I am trying to get eworld.sit from my macbook pro to my IIfx

Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: Dec 19 2003 - 14:45
Posts: 204
USB 1.4HD Floppy drive

Invest in a $20 USB 1.4HD Floppy drive for your MacBook Pro

I think we called it "sneakernet" to move files using a floppy :) 

Do you already have Unstuffit or some flavor of Stuffit Deluxe to expand the file on your IIFx?

Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: Aug 5 2020 - 11:56
Posts: 88
MichaelLAX wrote:Invest in a
MichaelLAX wrote:

Invest in a $20 USB 1.4HD Floppy drive for your MacBook Pro

I think we called it "sneakernet" to move files using a floppy :) 

Do you already have Unstuffit or some flavor of Stuffit Deluxe to expand the file on your IIFx?

 

 

I alread have a USB 1.4mb floppy drive I bought a log time ago :)

 

I dont have unstuffit on my IIfx yet.

 

I am going to create a new post for everyone  as I figured out why the Open Transport 1.3 floppy images dont work.

 

I now have open transport read to install using .dsk images I created 

Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: Dec 19 2003 - 14:45
Posts: 204
Open Transport

Why didn't your copy of floppy EMU come with  unstuffit like mind did?

And I wish you had mentioned open transport to begin with in this thread

I went through this problem last year and solved it and I think I posted it here as well

Prior OT 1.3 thread

Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 26 min ago
Joined: Jul 5 2018 - 09:44
Posts: 888
MichaelLAX wrote:Why didn't
MichaelLAX wrote:

Why didn't your copy of floppy EMU come with  unstuffit like mind did?

And I wish you had mentioned open transport to begin with in this thread

I went through this problem last year and solved it and I think I posted it here as well

Prior OT 1.3 thread

 

 

I think you only get an SD card with software on it when you buy a Floppy Emu, if you buy the "Deluxe Bundle", otherwise you have to buy the SD card separately.

 

Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: Aug 5 2020 - 11:56
Posts: 88
MichaelLAX wrote:Why didn't
MichaelLAX wrote:

Why didn't your copy of floppy EMU come with  unstuffit like mind did?

And I wish you had mentioned open transport to begin with in this thread

I went through this problem last year and solved it and I think I posted it here as well

Prior OT 1.3 thread

My FloppyEMU came with stuffit and all the other software. i waiting to get the iifx on the network before I mess with it

Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: Dec 19 2003 - 14:45
Posts: 204
So hard!

Ok. I do not understand why you have choisen to make it so hard on yourself, but that's your choice. 

Log in or register to post comments