Thought I would show off my new toy and write a few things about the journey. Probably old news to many on here, but hey ho.
Apple-1 kit bought from Sir Uncle Bernie as the value of the kit is not only in the price (which, unless I wanted many frustrating hours of scouring surplus stores that everyone else has already scoured was much more expensive from elsewhere), but also in the reasonable certainty that the components had a high chance of actually working due to the testing performed before dispatch.
As I live in the UK with its 240V single phase live and neutral supply (which I spend all my working day generating), the choice of transformers was the first decision. Vintage Stancore units wern't attractive but the choice of new 240V compatible ones from Triad didn't quite look the part. However Triad still make the original specified units ie the F40-X and the F31-X which are at least 'authentic' even if I now have to have a 240/110V transformer that weights about 70lb just to power it.
PCB from our very own Retroplace_1 but with hard gold edge connector
Keyboard is an Apple ][ RFI unit which I managed to find without an encoder, which was fine because I wanted to use the ⌘ Encoder ][ Plus replacement unit
as this works really well with the Apple-1 as the clear screen is performed by Shift-Reset and Reset by CTRL-Reset without having to make any modification to the keyboard and as it sits nicely under the keyboard its not obvious or intrusive.
For IC sockets, I went for the stamped pin units from radio spares which seem to have a nice balance between 'vintage' look and reliability.
So, that was all the pieces gathered together. Next to actually build it.