Trying to decide, in light of my new Rev 02 ownership, what to do with my Rev 04. Looking for some highly subjective opinions.
My Rev 04 is a long way from original. I sort of did it 'on the cheap', or rather, as cheap as I could do when it was a bull market for IIs and a high serial number case like mine (38495) all by itself was fetching $650 with keyboard. I figure I've put about $950 or $1000 into it between that, the motherboard, the cheap II+ PSU and the integer ROMs.
As usual, ebay is always bull market until you go to sell. After years of watching almost anything II related easily clear $1000, it looks like demand has created supply and now prices are down.
So here's my options, bearing in mind what I really want down the road is a Rev 0:
1) Keep the Rev 04 and Rev 02, and save up for a 0. 'Collect em all' approach.
2) Let the Rev 04 go for whatever I can get and take a small loss (highest offer so far is $800)
3) Break up the Rev 04 for parts, try and recoup that way.
4) Leave it up on ebay and hope a motivate buyer comes along.
5) Take it off ebay and wait til the market picks up again.
6) Sell the now-working and totally original Rev 02, bank it for a future Rev 0 purchase, hang onto the Rev 04 so I have at least one A2S1 in my collection in the meantime.
Thoughts? Only hesitation I have about option 6 is I have no idea when a Rev 0 will come up again. Still kicking myself for missing that one that went for $1800 recently.