For those of us who remember Steven Thomas Landon (not to be confused with the curent member "landon"), I recently was contacted by someone from his family who had come into posession of an eMate I had lost to the aforementioned.
I did provide my shipping address and within two days, I got my eMate back. Grant it the accessories were not there, but something is better than nothing, eh?
Two important things of note are that 1.) his family members are trying to do right to return what was stolen when they are able to track down and positively identify objects (the eMate had its address card in the bottom still which made it easy to trace), and 2.) I was advised by his family that
"it seems he is back at his antics on MacNN".
It is my understanding that STL has limited contact with his family members, so it may be hard for things to be recovered. I got to thinking that it might not be bad to start this thread as a master list of items that are still unaccounted for. If we provide a good list of items, this may help in the family identifying your items in the event that they encounter it. Here are the rules:
- NO GRIPING OR BASHING!!! This is not a 'bash STL' thread, this is a 'here is what I lost thread'.
- List the item including any definitive characteristics of their items (serial numbers, artwork, tell-tale scratches, etc). Include the date you lost it if possible.
- Do not reply to other's posts. This way, they can update their info as the get items back (or correct details as the check dates). Please reply directly to this topmost post.
- In the event that some of your tiems are recovered, please update your post (unless someone did not read the above bullet).
- Do not ask me for the contact info for the family. Let them contact you through Tom Owad if your item is recovered.
I do ask, and trust, that the mods will help keep this thread pretty clean. Remember that the intention here is to give a laundry list, not serve as a platform for attacks or other distraction from the main point.
-- doug-doug the mighty