This is a 4 port SATA Controller. I know the card works but the hard drives that I had are not compatible with this SATA controller. The type of computer that I was trying this in was a blue and white G3 computer. Someone else may have better luck with this card then I have. I paid 119 dollars for this new I would like to get at least 60 dollars back out of it. The person who buys this will have to pay shipping the shipping shouldnt be much for this item since its lightweight.
* PowerMac G3 Blue & White Models
* All PowerMac G4 AGP Graphics/Sawtooth, Gigabit EtherNet, Digital Audio, Quicksilver, and Mirrored-Drive-Door Models
* All PowerMac G5 Models from 2003, 2004. 2005 Models that use PC3200 DDR Memory (Apple released new models in October 2005 that require PC4200 DDR2 Memory - these new 'DDR2' models do not have a compatible PCI Slot).
Serial ATA Hard Drive Compatibility
Note: Early Hitachi Serial ATA hard drives are incompatible with the SeriTek/1V4 Host Adapter. This is due to a seldom-used Serial ATA feature called SSC, which is enabled on these hard drives. The SeriTek/1V4 does not support this feature. Newer model Hitachi Serial ATA hard drives should be compatible with SeriTek/1V4.
At this time, the following Hitachi Deskstar hard drives have the SSC feature disabled, and are compatible with the SeriTek/1V4 host adapter:
* Model 7K400 (400GB) – Part Numbers 0A30984 and 0A30985
* Model 7K250 (250GB) – Part Number 0A30340
* Model 7K250 (160GB) – Part Number 0A30339
* Model 7K250 (120GB) – Part Number 0A30338
* Model 7K250 (80GB) – Part Number 0A30337