What is the best solution out there?
1. wireless network storage
2. ease of use
3. spend up to $800ish
1. Archicad 10
3. Final Cut Pro 5 (FCP requires a streaming data rate of 3.7 MB/s = 29.6 mbps)
I do not want:
1. to plug in an express card everytime I want to use an external sata drive
2. a data rate that will slow me down
1. Gigbit 1 Terabit RAID 5 Network Storage ($599 at Fry's) for a 1000mbps via ethernet jack
BUT ethernet uses packets and FCP needs streams
2. Multiport USB 2/FW Network Storage. USB plugged into a Gigabit switch/wireless router setup and then when I need speed I plug the MBP into the FW port directly.
BUT daily network use is 480mbps via ethernet jack
3. A smaller (less expensive) Gigabit network storage AND a portable Multiport USB 2/FW drive. Plug the USB into the Gigiabit network storage for 480 mpbs daily use OR connect the MBP directly to the FW for streaming portable storage. 1000mbps via ethernet jack OR 400mbps or 800mbps via FW port
I assume that the internal sata drive is 2400mbps. Is there a way to test the data rate while I'm working with my more demanding applications? That way I could see if i truely need 1000mbps or just 800mbps for my netwrok storage.
HAS ANYONE SET UP A SIMILAR NETWROK STORAGE AND WHAT DO THEY THINK IS THE BEST??