My PB G4 Mercury 400 MHz overheated when connected to what appears to now be a defective AC power supply. It no longer turns on as the battery is dead. Opening the case reveals a burnt IC on the mother board in the area of the power supply connector.
I presume it is the MOSFET Power Switching Supply chip. I would like to replace it but have no idea of its indentity as it was burnt byond recognition. Visit here for a photo of the fried chip: http://elitetechnology.us/pbg4timerc.jpg
If anyone knows the identity of this chip, please share it.