Well I went and wrote another game. Like my first one, it's written in assembly and fits (barely!) in just 1K. Developed with an emulator--hasn't been run on real hardware yet. It's a version of "Shut the Box".
GitHub page: https://github.com/JeffJetton/apple1-shut-the-box
Direct link to hex file: https://github.com/JeffJetton/apple1-shut-the-box/blob/master/shut.txt
I thought it was going to be a walk in the park when I started, but it turned out to have a few nice challenges. Got to write a line input buffer routine (based to no small degree on the one in WozMon) and then figure out a good way to parse out the contents. To determine whether the game is over or not, I wound up face-to-face with something I eventually found out is a version of the "Coin Changing" problem. All-in-all, a fun bit of coding!
Great game! For those who do not have SD card respected nippur72 made a sound file to download via ACI card. In my case, Windows 7 + VLC player, for a successful download the volume needs to be reduced to 85%.