I’ve been wanting to frame my Apple-1 for display next to the rest of my collection, and am now nearly finished. Here’s a preview of the finished product...I’ll post details shortly including the materials I used and dimmensions if anyone else is interested in something like this for their A1 or Mimeo. Total cost of materials was approx $100 and took me about an hour to assemble. I spent a few hours in SketchUp before hand modeling it to figure out the right dimmensions before I ordered the parts.
I’ve also come up with an alternate design that would allow me to power the board, but the resulting frame is approx 50% bigger and quite a bit more complex to assemble due to cabling, machining ports for connectors, ventilation, etc. I may attempt that later in the year.
The board in the photo above is one of my Mimeo’s...once I’ve made a few adjustments to the assembly and got this thing is mounted on the wall I’ll swap it out for the Apple-1.