Pulled the old Apple II+ out of storage and trying to get it back to life. First pulled all the ram and tested it in a specific ram tester, all ram tested good. When I started the ROM at 3410013 E0 had a broken leg so I put it in a socket and soldered the broken to the open pin on socket. I then tested all TTL chips in my B&K chip tester. They all test good. After that we built two ROM test sockets, one to read the 2316 ROMs and one to convert 2716 to 2316, actually I built the read socket first. I then tested all the ROM chips and found that the AppleSoft ROMs aren’t but the startup rom 3410020 F8 had a failure on the secon from the last bit. I guess it is bad so I make the converter adapter and write code to the 2716. That is where I am now. I also tested the chip in the Programer with the two adapters so it would read as tho I were a 2316 and it verified correctly. I now assume all my chips are working except the character generator as when I tested TTL chips I found it has pins 23 and 24 bent under out of socket.
The only chips I couldn’t test were the 8T97 and 8T28 and the 558