Anyone else still having the session/cookie problem?
I still have to log in every time I relaunch my Web browser. My cookies file has one that expires in 2011, and another one that has no listed expiration date.
If I login, then delete the cookie with no expiration date, then load another AF page, I have to log in again.
So this undated cookie appears to be the problem.
Any way to fix it?
I cannot get in at ALL except from work. Right now I'm using the work computer via VPN connection.
From home USED TO work, but does not now. Every few months my ISP changes our IP address. This seems to be the cause. Reason:
The problem is consistent regardless of the web browser or computer used (IE or Netscape on any machine in the house).
Today, for the first time in a long time AF kept me logged in when I launched the browser! It's been a bit since I logged into AF from the iBook, but when I went to www.applefritter.com/main I was logged in like I should be. Yesterday or the day before I was using the iMac and I logged in, and it auto-refreshed. ATM things seem to be getting better.
Still not working correctly for me as detailed in the "session issues" thread.
Back from dinner and opened af/main and am not logged in. Very random it seems.
We're testing Drupal 4.6 which lets me explicitly set cookie settings. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.
For further analysis, I've just installed Links2 on an old copy of FreeBSD 4.9 x86 on an old Toshiba. It still has the cookie issues if I log in and then quit the browser, restart and go to AF. It'll be logged out. Fresh install, odd browser, identical behaviour.
I must say, AF is dng snappy on it too, and it's dial-up routed over WiFi to a P-90 laptop.
Cookie length has been set to 30 days.
In order to avoid confusion, I will write nothing involving a Gnome in this space.
hooray! It now works, for me, as it should.
loaded up like it should. Thx
It's been working after the initial login to get the new cookies. Great! Thanks!
Could not log into AF until privacy settings in Zone Alarm were set to allow mobile code and cookies, and private header. Actually not sure which one did it, but it works now. Hope this helps someone.