It has been almost six years since my registration on this forum, but I don't think anyone would care. What comes to the table is my nice flea market find; a revision B //e, with what appears to be some printer card, an unknown peripheral card and a Disk ][ interface. So let's cut to the chase.... doesn't work.
All I got when I did a bench test was a bunch of striped blocks, and when I wiggled around the PCB, lines started to spaz and show up out of nowhere. I could type in a bunch of keyboard keys and find that key inputs did work, and each press caused the screen to spaz out more. So it was barely alive, but one thing I could notice was that even with the proper speaker the machine made no beeps, meaning that the speaker isn't receiving the correct voltage or that the machine isn't actually getting far. Tried transplanting a speaker from my previous //e, with no results.
So I tried removing the RAM chips. Instead of question marks... more garbage, except that the screen was completely spastic and entire gibberish. It was like this for an hour until I turned it off. Replaced the 6502 did nothing to help, and swapping out the HAL did not help either.
So I tried cleaning the motherboard with all chips completely removed. Nothing. On the way, I also broke the CAS line to a certain DRAM chip by breaking resistor R73 and somehow accidentally messing up it's solder pads to the point where I can't use them any more. Which means that I will have to patch up a nice little wire before I can use all the RAM again.
At this point, I might just get it sent out for repair, but I'll post photos for anyone who wants to take a look later.