I'm pleased to announce a new build-it-yourself kit, called the PE6502.
It is 100% compatible with Apple 1 software. Here are some features:
- 4" x 6", professional (made in USA) 2-layer circuit board.
- All new, all high-quality components, including WDC 65C02, and WDC 65C21 chips! All chips socketed.
- 32k RAM, 16K ROM (featuring onboard "Applesoft Lite", Integer BASIC, Krusader assembler, Krusader mini-debugger.)
- Fast serial port, with onboard hardware handshaking, for fast code transfer to and from the PE6502.
- Onboard terminal software features a working delete key, ctrl-alt-del terminal reboot, text color codes, and more.
- Full expansion slot (expansion cards now in development: MOS6581/SID interface card, CFFA1 mass storage card.)
- Includes ribbon cable/DB9 connector that connects to an onboard header on the PE6502.
- PS/2 keyboard input, RCA composite output jacks.
- Well written, comprehensive assembly manual.
You must supply:
- composite monitor, or TV with this connection, or an RCA-to-SVGA converter and SVGA monitor.
- PS/2 keyboard (usb to PS/2 converters won't work.)
- 7-9v, DC, tip-positive, 350-1000ma power adapter.
- a serial-to-USB interface if your "mothership" computer does not have DB9 serial.
Please check out www.putnamelectronics.com for more info, including my new web forum with detailed assembly pictorial. Assembly manual available from the main site.